HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method teaches women in pregnancy how to view their upcoming childbirth as a totally natural body experience. This is in complete contradiction with what the medical community has been teaching women for generations.
According to medical professionals, the only way to quell the pain of childbirth is to administer dangerous painkillers which only serve to cloud the thoughts of the mother while presenting very real risks for the baby. On another hand completely, is the fact that the medical community doesn’t really want natural childbirths anymore. In fact, one out of every four pregnancies results in a cesarean section operation. This is because more times than not, a woman’s health insurance has an impact on how she is giving birth.
How HypnoBirthing Improves Pregnancy
In HypnoBirthing classes, you are taught to look at your pregnancy in a different light. You are given a different vocabulary to use when talking about your pregnancy and upcoming childbirth. For instance, instead of using negative terms like “contractions” and “labor,” you are taught to use more positive terminology like “surges” and “birthing.” When positive words are used, they create a positive physiological change within the body.
HypnoBirthing teaches you how to fully relax your mind, body and spirit during pregnancy. This enables you to experience a deep pre-birth bonding with your baby and during the birth cycle, it allows you to separate yourself from the fear that normally causes the pain associated with birth. HypnoBirthing can also accelerate the birth cycle so your baby can enter the world easier and quicker without the usual stress involved in traditional, medical births.
Topics Covered in HypnoBirthing and Pregnancy Classes
In HypnoBirthing and pregnancy classes, you can expect to learn the following:
- How to create a birthing environment that is calm, comfortable and serene
- How to reach a state of complete relaxation while remaining awake, aware and in complete control of your body
- Natural methods of inducing the birth of your child
- How to eliminate Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How to create the flow of endorphins, the body’s natural relaxant
- Gentle techniques for bringing your child into the world instead of the traditional violent “pushing” technique used in medical childbirths
- Pre-birth bonding techniques for you and your baby
- How to give birth the way that nature intended
- And much more
Posted by: Stella